Matsuda to step down as Square Enix president and CEO
The president of Japanese publishing giant Square Enix, Yosuke Matsuda, is stepping down.
In a release to investors, the company revealed that he was going to be replaced by Takashi Kiryu, who was previously a director at the firm. Kiryu has worked at Square Enix since 2020, when he was hired as GM of the company’s corporate planning division.
This change is set to take place in June of this year at Square’s annual shareholders meeting.
Matsuda has been president and CEO of Square Enix since 2013. Prior to that, he spend almost a decade as the company’s director and chief financial officer.
“Under the rapid change of business environment surrounding the entertainment industry, the proposed change is intended to reshape the management team with the goal of adopting ever-evolving technological innovations and maximizing the creativity of the company’s group in order to deliver even greater entertainment to its customers around the world,” Square Enix wrote in its release to investors.
- Isle of Arrows Free Download (v1.1.3)
- MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Free Download (v1.1.335 & ALL DLC)
- Lake Haven – Chrysalis Free Download (v2023.02.06)
- Connect with active investors and leading publishers at Pocket Gamer Connects Seattle!
- Crawl Tactics Free Download (v1.5.2)
- Mashinky Free Download (v0.70.541)