South Africa will approve Microsoft Activision deal
South Africa is to become the latest country to give the nod to Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard.
As reported by GI.biz, the region’s Competition Commission said that it was going to approve the deal with no additional conditions. The authority has come to the conclusion that the acquisition will not negatively impact competition in the country.
“Therefore, the Commission found that the proposed transaction is unlikely to result in a substantial prevention or lessening of competition in any relevant markets,” the Competition Commission wrote.
“The Commission further found that the proposed transaction does not raise any substantial public interest concerns.”
Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick added: “The South African Competition Commission recommended approval of our merger with Microsoft based on a thorough review of the facts about competition in the gaming industry. We appreciate this additional affirmation from an important global regulator.”
The deal is still be approved in the UK and US, while the European Commission has issued an antitrust warning about the acquisition.
- Parkasaurus Free Download (v2.03a & ALL DLC)
- Bosorka Free Download (BUILD 10998269)
- DE-EXIT – Eternal Matters Free Download (v1.14)
- Leading at Roblox with Nicole Grinstead
- Last chance to join us at the PG Mobile Games Awards this Thursday! Secure your spot at this prestigious industry event while you still can
- Uragun Free Download (v1.0)